Radzen 3.0 (vNext) Progress

Thanks! I had seen this, but I had not read until the end.

Time for another update. We've made more progress and implemented support for the following statements (formerly known as "actions"):

Invoke method

It combines the previous Invoke data source method and Invoke method actions in one. You can invoke methods of the page or any of its members (properties or fields). Also it now allows you to set a property of create a field to store the method result. Existing Radzen users will recognize a few changes

• The Radzen specific Then event is missing.
  • The Radzen specific ${result} expression is gone.

Our experience showed that Radzen developers found both rather confusing. Now they are both gone! This change was also needed to support existing application which are not created with Radzen.
invoke-method

Open dialog

open-dialog

Notify

notify

Try catch

This is a new statement which combines try/catch/finally blocks into one concept. The user can add catch blocks (with option filters) and also use finally. The try/catch statement replaces the Radzen specific Error event.

try/catch

8 Likes

Congratulations to the Radzen team on what you've built so far, it's already amazing and all the best finishing up v3.

Will Radzen 3 include new and updated components, or is it purely Radzen UI based and components are released separately as and when and available to any version.

Radzen 3 will include the current version of Radzen.Blazor. Components are and will continue to be released separately.

2 Likes

Hi @korchev,

Thanks, to make it easy and funny to the development process with Radzen.

I'm really excited about Radzen 3. There is any new news? Can we get hopeful for any kind of test/alpha release before ending 2021?

VS 2022 is released. Thousands of developers and contributors are working on it. The development time took over years.

In Radzen team is working with a handful of developers. I really appreciate this team one more time when I compare.

Thanks guys, one more time,

3 Likes

Time for a Radzen 3.0 progress update!

What's new

We have finished (or we think so) the statement support. All it needs now is better UI which @yordanov will undoubtedly deliver.

There is now support for the following statements:

Those should cover a lost of scenarios and custom code. Existing Radzen users will see there are a lot of new statements (called actions in Radzen 2).

Some nice additions worth mentioning:

• Radzen now automatically lists all page parameters when using Open Dialog and Navigate statements.
  • You can see the code which corresponds to a statement in split view.
    statement-code
  • You can also edit the statement code right in the code editor.
    edit-code

What's next

We are now testing the design time support of all existing Radzen components and implementing missing features and fixing bugs. Here is a sneak peek showing how you can now change the current tab right from the designer:
tabs-design-time

9 Likes

Awesome. As a customer with an enterprise license, I cannot wait to start working with a beta version once you make it available. Also, sharing a rough date for the beta or release version would help us plan ahead.

1 Like

We are still pretty far from a beta version. There is still a lot more work to do before we release anything for the public.

1 Like

How about an Alpha version :slight_smile:

1 Like

No matter how people keep calling the first release (CTP, Beta, Alpha) our answer is still the same - not ready for the public eye yet.

1 Like

We are all waiting with extreme excitement!

2 Likes

I second that emotion.

Any further information on Radzen 3.0?

1 Like

It is getting ready for the CTP! We are currently making the finishing touches of the UI. Then we will perform extensive testing with all existing Blazor applications we have. Fingers crossed we will keep our promise for a CTP release in Q1 2022.

17 Likes

That is so awesome. You guys are amazing...Radzen is definitely the best option for Blazor RAD and deployment I have found. Keep it up...Fan for life here!

2 Likes

Dying of aniticipation...any more news?

2 Likes
17 Likes

I am very excited! :laughing:

1 Like

It looks great. I am expecting this since a long time

I feel like a 7 year old kid the day before getting a new toy.

1 Like