Possible to update RadzenDropDown on change?

I am not using EntiyCore but instead I am using Dapper. Is there a way to enable virtualization and update the contents of the RadzenDropDown list while the user is updating the filter? I have tried Using the LoadData and the Change events, but the first doesn't update until the user leaves the control and returns, and the Change event just throws errors.

thanks.

Hi @rik,

Our online demo has an example showing LoadData and Virtualization. It indeed uses EF but all code is encapsulated in the LoadData method:

void LoadDataVirtualization(LoadDataArgs args)
    {
        var query = dbContext.Customers.AsQueryable();

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(args.Filter))
        {
            query = query.Where(c => c.CustomerID.ToLower().Contains(args.Filter.ToLower()) || c.ContactName.ToLower().Contains(args.Filter.ToLower()));
        }

console.Log($"LoadData with virtualization: Skip:{args.Skip}, Top:{args.Top}, Filter:{args.Filter}");

count = query.Count();

customCustomersDataVirtualization = query.Skip(args.Skip.Value).Take(args.Top.Value).ToList();

InvokeAsync(StateHasChanged);
    }

Hello korchev,

Thank you for replying, unfortunately I don't think that you have understood my posting. I have already reviewed your online demo and attempted to use Dapper queries in a LoadData method. As I wrote, it doesn't work. The drop down list only updated after the user leaves the component and returns.

ex: When the user first enters the component, there is nothing in the drop down listing. After the user enters some text in the filter portion, nothing happens. When the user returns to the component, the drop down list now displays those items that return from the filtered text.

thank again,

rik.