Order / Arrange Pages in Page Pane

Hi,

as you can see on the first screenshot on this page https://www.radzen.com/documentation/design-time/pages/, the pages created in Radzen are simply shown as plain list with alphabetical ordering in the "Pages" pane on the left.

If you have a very simple application with only a few pages, this is certainly fine but if you have 20-50 pages, it really gets messy since for most models/entity-types of your app, not just one page is generated but 3 (List, Add New, Edit). Having 20 pages like "Add XXX", and then 20 pages "XXX" and the 20 Pages "Edit XXX" makes everything very difficult to manage.

Is there any way to visually group the pages that logically belong together in this list? This is just needed at design time in the Radzen IDE.

Maybe I overlooked something that could help here, but if not, I would like to request this feature.

Best regards,

Joe

Hi @JustJoe,

You can check this help article: Customize navigation menu

Hi @korchev,
thanks for your reply. I think you got me wrong: I know that I can customize the navigation pane of the -Balzor app-. That was not my point: I referred to the list of pages in the -Radzen IDE- (at design time!). See the first screenshot on this page: Working with Pages

It is a plain list of all pages (and dialogs) within the entire project. However, if you have a lot of pages, this list is not very clean, especially since pages that belong conceptually together (like New XXX, Edit XXX and XXX) do not stand together. The list is always sorted alphabetically. I would be great if there would be a way to group pages in that list or at least to define a custom order (via drag & drop).

I hope you got my point. As said before, I do NOT refer to the navigation menu of the created Blazor app; I know that I can customize this menu to almost any extend. That is totally fine, but it does not help me to keep my project nice & clean as a developer...

Regards,

Joe
1 Like

I see what you mean. At the moment there isn't a way to rearrange or group pages in Radzen IDE itself. The filter menu can be used for quick access.