.NET 5 app with Oracle won't save/create records

I am trying to build a .NET 5 Blazer server-side app that connects to Oracle 12c for its backend. I've been working my way through the dependency/reference errors, and this is what I was able to get to compile/run:

<Project Sdk="Microsoft.NET.Sdk.Web">
  <PropertyGroup>
    <NoWarn>CS0168,CS1998,BL9993,CS0649,CS0436,0436</NoWarn>
    <TargetFramework>net5.0</TargetFramework>
  </PropertyGroup>
  <ItemGroup>
    <PackageReference Include="Oracle.EntityFrameworkCore" Version="5.21.1" />
    <PackageReference Include="Novell.Directory.Ldap.NETStandard" Version="3.0.0-beta6" />
    <PackageReference Include="Microsoft.AspNetCore.Identity.EntityFrameworkCore" Version="5.0.0" />
    <PackageReference Include="Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore" Version="5.0.1" />
    <PackageReference Include="Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Design" Version="5.0.1" />
    <PackageReference Include="Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Relational" Version="5.0.1" />
    <PackageReference Include="System.ComponentModel.Annotations" Version="5.0.0" />
    <PackageReference Include="Microsoft.Data.SqlClient" Version="2.0.1" />
    <PackageReference Include="Radzen.Blazor" Version="3.1.2" />
    <PackageReference Include="DocumentFormat.OpenXml" Version="2.11.3" />
  </ItemGroup>
</Project>

The app will run, and will edit/update existing records, but won't create new records. When I try to add a record with the dialog, I don't see anything at all logged to the console. There is no attempt to create by Radzen/Blazor.

I don't think Radzen with Blazor/.NET 5 is ready to play with Oracle EF Core 5 yet.

Yes, .NET 5 compatible version was missing until recently. We will provide update with our release early week.

1 Like