Important: Radzen and Angular 11

@mumfie, we updated the beta build links with a fix for this issue.

Is there anyone testing the current Beta
I have been testing it with a large application and found no show stoppers, also trying it in production after testing the application to get user feedback as well, would be great to get this live before dotnet 5 is released

A few of the customers who have the most Angular deployments haven't reported yet. We are not comfortable with releasing it officially as it may break a lot of existing applications. Meanwhile I will release an updated beta today which is up to date with the latest features.

UPDATE: The download link for Windows has been updated.

1 Like

Today the Angular team released Angular 11 which makes this beta release obsolete. Considering the time it took us to prepare the Angular 10 support we can't commit with a deadline for a new build that supports Angular 11. I will update this thread once there is any more info. All that I know is that we will not release officially Angular 10 support now that there is a newer version.

I have updated the Radzen beta with a new version - beta 6 (we skipped beta 5). It now comes with Angular 11 support. Fortunately the upgrade took us less time than anticipated and we didn't hit any issues.

1 Like

Radzen beta-6 compiles with this message:

ng-cli: Your global Angular CLI version (11.0.2) is greater than your local version (10.0.7). The local Angular CLI version is used.

Check if your application has a node_modules directory (it probably does and contains an older version of the angular cli - 10.0.7). Radzen Beta 6 ships with Angular Cli 11.0.2.

Hi Korchev

When will the new Angular 11 enter Radzen Release? So not the beta but ind productions version?
Yours sincerely
Carsten Ostenfeldt Gissel

Hi @Carsten_Gissel,

We will probably postpone Angular 11 support for Radzen 3.0. The changes are too many and will potentially break a lot of customers after they receive it as a Radzen 2.x update.

What we can do is to update the Beta on a regular basis so people who want to use Angular 11 can do so. We will provide support for it as if it is official.

Hi @korchev,

It depends on when the new Radzen 3.0 is ready ? My vote for faster delivery of Radzen 3.0 rather then support for Radzen beta with angular 11 support. Taking development resources of Radzen in consideration.

b.r.
Mehmet

It won't be ready any time soon. Angular support has not even started. This is why we will keep the Angular 11 support beta up to date with Radzen 2.x.

Hi. Is beta 7 up to date with 2.59 version ?

Hi @maubuso,

Not yet. We will upload a new beta later today.

Thank you @korchev !

The final 2.60 includes angular 11 ?

Hi Korchev

when is the new Radzen with Angular 11 ready?
Is Angular 11 in beta?
If I use that Beta version and I later update to Radzen 3.0 when it is ready will I have problems with the Beta version code?

Yours sincerely
Carsten Gissel

Check my reply above: Important: Radzen and Angular 11

In short we don't plan to ship official Angular 11support with Radzen 2.x as there are a lot of differences and we don't want to break existing applications that are in production. Unfortunately supporting both Angular 7 and Angular 11 is out of the question too (Radzen would double in installation size if we go that route).

That's why we continue to update the Beta - it can be installed side by side with Radzen 2.x and some of our customers use it in production. We upload new versions when there are major new additions or fixes for Angular applications (there haven't been any recently).

Hi @korchev,

You mentioned that some of the customers already use the BETA in prodution to be able to use Angular 11 .
What is the official view of Radzen for the roadmap of Angular 11 support and smoot transition from the current Angular version when the BETA ends .
Do you encourage of use in production of the BETA product ?
Also you mentioned that there are a lot of differences ( off course there are :slight_smile: ) , do we have these differences listed somewhere with some migration recommendations and breaking functionalities to consider .
Thank you for your answers .
Best regards ,
Mehmet

The current Radzen beta migrates existing applications from Angular 7 to Angular 11. If the majority of Radzen Angular users try the beta and have positive experience we may decide to ship it a lot sooner than Radzen 3.0.

You can use it and request support for it. There are no known existing issues that would prevent you from doing so.

Yes, they are listed in the first post of this forum thread and are mostly tied to custom implementations - usage of third party libraries and custom themes.

1 Like

Hi, any chance to Angular 12 support ?