Future list

Do you have a page where the future features are listen, or what is on your radar?
Or something like a uservoice where we can suggest and vote for features?

What is on my mind for example:

• Support for Progressive Web Apps
  • WebWorkers
  • A State container like Redux
  • A CLI for example to build the app in a CI environment (e.g. VSTS build, Jenkins,…)
  • Material Design
  • Deploy to azure (not ftp wise, but like in VS Studio)
  • Integration with Electron

Hi Bart,

Our roadmap is currently available at Roadmap

We don't have uservoice at the moment. For now you can submit feature request here in the forum.

I will address your requests one by one:

Support for Progressive Web Apps

We are waiting for official support in Angular CLI on that regard.

WebWorkers

What would you like to see here? Or did you mean Service Worker?

A State container like Redux

One of the earliest Radzen versions used ngrx. We got feedback it was overly complicated and hard to extend and reason about. Maybe in the future this could be a code generation option.

A CLI for example to build the app in a CI environment (e.g. VSTS build, Jenkins,…)

One can use the Angular CLI and the dotnet core toolchain to build a Radzen application right now. We have instructions here: Manual Build and Deploy (Angular)

Material Design

Do you mean a Material Design theme?

Deploy to azure (not ftp wise, but like in VS Studio)

What would that bring on top of the FTP support that we currently have? I have to admit I am no Azure expert so bear with me.

Integration with Electron

I guess that means to be able to create a desktop application with Radzen powered by Electron. Is that right? If yes - that's a great suggestion and will log it in the TODO.

Thanks for the great feedback!

WebWorkers
What would you like to see here? Or did you mean Service Worker?

I mean indeed Service Worker, great for offline capabilities and more: Service Worker API - Web APIs | MDN
I also see a benefid as abstraction layer between network request and the ui thread

Material Design
Do you mean a Material Design theme?

Indeed : Material Design

Deploy to azure (not ftp wise, but like in VS Studio)
What would that bring on top of the FTP support that we currently have? I have to admit I am no Azure expert so bear >with me.

You have to create the app in azure, get the ftp uri and password before you can deploy to azure.
In Visual Studio you can create or download the publish profile directly from the ide

Integration with Electron
I guess that means to be able to create a desktop application with Radzen powered by Electron. Is that right? If yes - >that’s a great suggestion and will log it in the TODO.

Yes indeed, that would be great

+1 for advanced deploy to azure. Perhaps the azure node sdk would help:

The ideal in my view would be like:
Deploy to IIS or Azure
Existing app service or new
Existing site or new
Enable continuous integration from git
Push

1 Like