Failed deployment to Azure

Hello,

Since there is no procedure to deploy to Ubuntu, I'm trying to deploy to Azure following https://www.radzen.com/documentation/deploy-to-azure/

The Radzen GUI finishes without issues, but when the application loads I get:

:frowning: Application Error
If you are the application administrator, you can access the diagnostic resources.

How could I troubleshoot this?

This is the Radzen Output (is it building a 2.2 core framework version?)

dotnet: Microsoft (R) Build Engine versi�n 15.9.20+g88f5fadfbe para .NET Core
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

dotnet: Restauraci�n realizada en 214.35 ms para C:\Users\ferna\XubiumTeams\Proyectos Web - WIP\VentasOptimaWebapp\server\project.csproj.

dotnet: project -> C:\Users\ferna\XubiumTeams\Proyectos Web - WIP\VentasOptimaWebapp\server\bin\Release\netcoreapp2.2\server.dll

dotnet: project -> C:\Users\ferna\XubiumTeams\Proyectos Web - WIP\VentasOptimaWebapp\server\bin\Release\netcoreapp2.2\server.Views.dll

dotnet: project -> C:\Users\ferna\XubiumTeams\Proyectos Web - WIP\VentasOptimaWebapp\server\bin\Release\netcoreapp2.2\publish\

radzen: Server application prepare for publish done in 15401ms.
radzen: Building Angular application in production ...
ng-cli:
Date: 2020-03-25T18:50:50.057Z
Hash: a0ad245accd038860d76
Time: 122162ms
chunk {0} runtime.26209474bfa8dc87a77c.js (runtime) 1.41 kB [entry] [rendered]
chunk {1} es2015-polyfills.f51a3f82c9369c62fcc8.js (es2015-polyfills) 56.6 kB [initial] [rendered]
chunk {2} main.71bc96baccf144b08596.js (main) 2.66 MB [initial] [rendered]
chunk {3} polyfills.f0ca0b9ccd5a7ba93b23.js (polyfills) 153 kB [initial] [rendered]
chunk {4} styles.d9509faa92e3c52c2f94.css (styles) 168 kB [initial] [rendered]
ng-cli:
WARNING in ./node_modules/@angular/core/fesm5/core.js 18325:15-36

WARNING in ./node_modules/@angular/core/fesm5/core.js 18337:15-102

ng-cli:

radzen: Angular application production build done in 130265ms.
radzen: Deploying...
radzen: Reading connection strings
radzen: Saving connection strings in appsettings.json
radzen: Creating temporary deploy folder
radzen: Copying client app to deploy folder
radzen: Copying server app to deploy folder
radzen: Deploying to Azure...
radzen: Deploy finished.
radzen: Deploy done in 18701ms.

The deployment log you have pasted indicates no errors. Did you check the Azure troubleshooting instructions from the diagnostic resources? We can't guess what the actual error could be.

On a side note we have deployed the following resources on Digital Ocean running on Ubuntu:

We have done so by following the Microsoft instructions for using Nginx and .NET Core which I have linked in your other thread.

I have configured a brand new Web App, it connects to an external MySQL BD hosted in Digital Ocean (the same I used when developing without issues) and when I click on the link I get on https://optimaventas.azurewebsites.net/ logs are empty.

I did enable access to the DB from the Azure exit IPs.

Where else should I look? How could I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Most probably your azure instance can't connect to your MySQL database. Since we aren't Azure experts we can only advise you to either look for Azure related resources or reach out to Microsoft's support.

Where should I set the connection string for the DB?
Radzen had set it in the last textbox of the deployment screen.. is it there where it should go?

While you are not Azure experts, you have a deployment procedure that I follow step by step, I don't get any error from you GUID... and yet is doesn't work. Is there a way to make the app show the error in the browser windows?

In your procedure you say the .NET Core 3.1 runtime should be used... but in the Radze log I see 2.2 May it be that it is comiling for the wrong runtime?

Hello,

I did a test in Linux, and this is what I get:

It was not possible to find any compatible framework version
The framework 'Microsoft.AspNetCore.All', version '2.2.0' was not found.

• No frameworks were found.

You can resolve the problem by installing the specified framework and/or SDK.

The specified framework can be found at:

So... the application is being compiled in framework_version 2.2.0 and your guide says we have to use 3.1... this is why the deployment fails. Is it possible to get Radzen compiling in 3.1? Or is the guide mistaken...

You have probably created your Radzen Angular application for .NET Core 2.2. In that case you should select that version when creating the Azure image.

1 Like

You really need to develop https://www.radzen.com/documentation/deploy-to-azure/ more: List the options (screenshots are very small), explain the options, don't just say select 3.1, and some basic troubleshooting steps if something goes wrong.

Anyway, it is running on Ubuntu now.

1 Like

You can click on any image from our documentation to see it in original size.

We have specified 3.1 as it is the default framework version in Radzen. If you have specified a different version when creating a new Angular application - you should have created the same Azure environment.

Still we will add that to the documentation.

As for troubleshooting - we don't want to duplicate the Azure documentation on the topic. If the application fails Microsoft provide instructions how to check the error log. We can't add much more to that.

Hello,
Images are very small even after clicking on them.
Best regards,

What image are you referring to? Please be more specific. The images from the Azure deployment article are almost fullscreen.