Editing text in dialogs

When I enter text in a textbox in a dialog, if I type too quickly some characters are dropped and if I press and hold the backspace key to remove entered text, it all goes a bit crazy and the cursor bobs back and forwards, deleting some characters and then adding some back again.

I was testing while running through the RadzenCRM step by step documentation.

I am using the latest version of Radzen (as of todays 2.30.1 update) on Windows 10 and have tried it in Chrome and Edge browsers with the same result, however if I try the demo app at https://crm.radzen.com/home it doesn't happen. Same for the blazor components demo, doesn't happen there either.

It only seems to happen with text in a modal dialog.

What's going on here? Is it something local?

I don't recall it happening in version 2.30.0 but that is not to say it wasn't happening.

What dialog are you referring to?

I have been trying to grab some more info, it only seems to be the case in fields that I have edited/added through the migrations as described in the CRM tutorial. The original fields seem to be fine.

For example the fields shown in image attached below.

To be clear, this is the 'Add Users' dialog as scaffolded while adding security.

I am sorry but I do not understand what the problem is. Where are you typing? Is it in Radzen or in the running application in the Browser? What text field?

It is happening when I run the application (chrome or edge). I log in (admin/admin), add a new user and the dialog that has been amended as per the previous screenshot pops up.

I type the new users first name or last name and anything other than typing at a snails pace, shows the problem with the keystrokes being typed into the running application being eaten.

Hope that helps, if not I will make a video.

:slight_smile:

Hi Korchev

I have uploaded a small video to show the problem.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvUZrvE-F5jnftIROvxWapXC2jg?e=XFcasg

I thought it might be the autocomplete, which was checked by default because I copied the email field as shown in the CRM tutorial, but when I try to uncheck the checkbox, I get a casting error, so uploaded a quick video showing that issue too. :wink:

Hope that helps.

Mark.

Arggh. the problem with the autocomplete has now broken the build.

When I click on the add users now I get in the output window the following exceptions and the dialog does not show now.

Do you want me to start a new thread as this is a different problem?

Mark.

dotnet: warn: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Server.Circuits.RemoteRenderer[100]
      Unhandled exception rendering component: Unable to set property 'AutoComplete' on object of type 'Radzen.Blazor.RadzenTextBox'. The error was: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Boolean'.
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to set property 'AutoComplete' on object of type 'Radzen.Blazor.RadzenTextBox'. The error was: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Boolean'.
 ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Boolean'.
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Reflection.MemberAssignment.PropertySetter`2.SetValue(Object target, Object value)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Reflection.ComponentProperties.<SetProperties>g__SetProperty|2_0(Object target, IPropertySetter writer, String parameterName, Object value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Reflection.ComponentProperties.<SetProperties>g__SetProperty|2_0(Object target, IPropertySetter writer, String parameterName, Object value)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Reflection.ComponentProperties.SetProperties(ParameterView& parameters, Object target)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.ComponentBase.SetParametersAsync(ParameterView parameters)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Rendering.ComponentState.SetDirectParameters(ParameterView parameters)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.RenderTree.RenderTreeDiffBuilder.InitializeNewComponentFrame(DiffContext& diffContext, Int32 frameIndex)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.RenderTree.RenderTreeDiffBuilder.InitializeNewSubtree(DiffContext& diffContext, Int32 frameIndex)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.RenderTree.RenderTreeDiffBuilder.InsertNewFrame(DiffContext& diffContext, Int32 newFrameIndex)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.RenderTree.RenderTreeDiffBuilder.InsertNewFrame(DiffContext& diffContext, Int32 newFrameIndex)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.RenderTree.RenderTreeDiffBuilder.AppendDiffEntriesForRange(DiffContext& diffContext, Int32 oldStartIndex, Int32 oldEndIndexExcl, Int32 newStartIndex, Int32 newEndIndexExcl)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.RenderTree.RenderTreeDiffBuilder.ComputeDiff(Renderer renderer, RenderBatchBuilder batchBuilder, Int32 componentId, ArrayRange`1 oldTree, ArrayRange`1 newTree)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Rendering.ComponentState.RenderIntoBatch(RenderBatchBuilder batchBuilder, RenderFragment renderFragment)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.RenderTree.Renderer.RenderInExistingBatch(RenderQueueEntry renderQueueEntry)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.RenderTree.Renderer.ProcessRenderQueue()

We reproduced the issue and will experiment with a solution - it seems that Blazor goes out of sync in some cases. The AutoComplete issue is different indeed but we still need to fix it. As a workaround delete the TextBox and add a new one from the toolbox (or copy an existing one).

Hi Korchev

What is the best way to reverse the Autocomplete? I can't do it from Radzen UI, which file do I need to amend as my application is broken now.

Many thanks

Mark.

Delete the TextBox that is causing the problem and add a new one with same settings. Just don't check the AutoComplete property in the property grid.

OK, will do, thanks Korchev

I await a fix to the original problem in the meantime.

Cheers

Mark.