Easier styling

I find myself desiring more simple styling on the components, namely grid columns. For example, If I just use Property value on a grid column it will wrap in a span. But if I want more styling I have to use a Template and apply a styling so an HTML element so I use a span. Now i have unnecessarily. I'm ideally looking for GridColumn Class="foo" where I can just apply my class to the component and that will be applied to the output.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Tim! We can add CssClass property for the DataGrid columns (it will be applied to column data cells). Will this work for you?

Yeah I think something like that would help. It helps override the default styles as well. There have been times I want the default styling but different colors for example.

Just published Radzen 1.0.14 with CssClass property for DataGrid columns.

Thanks for adding this. I noticed in some other control "Style" is exposed as a property, but this isn't consistent. I'm wondering if Style/CssClass should be added to some base level implementation.

Hi - I am new to frontend and is trying to show all my backend data. Radzen helps with this, but I want to mark cells in a Datagrid, if they have been edited.
Can I use this suggestion with control via a CssClass, on each column, or how to I mark a cell (with a icon or just a color), where a value in data i =X ?

Hi @Somanden,

We will introduce better approach to enable defining attributes to rows and cells directly using RowRender/CellRender events. It will be available early next week and you will be able to set style or any other attribute conditionally to both rows and cells.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

Thanks Vladimir. To continue on this road - my users asks if it is possible to just get a cell in edit-mode, just by clicking on it, and a save when leaving the cell-focus.
Now I have cloned the solution with a edit-button, and cant find any better event to use.

Is it possible to invoke the events for "click-on-cell" and "leave-focus-on-cell" ?

At the moment such edit mode is not available. You can edit using external TemplateForm or entire row in the DataGrid.

Why don't elements have a Style property?
The documentation states that elements such as label, textbox, button, etc. have the text property "Style" for In-line CSS style, but in fact it is not.