Dropdown to filter a datagrid

Hi,

I'm following this tutorial to create a data grid that I can filter by a dropdown menu:

https://www.radzen.com/documentation/drop-down-to-filter-grid/

This works perfectly with the Northwind data from an OData source.
However, when I change the data source to an SQL database (two tables: Customers and Orders, with columns CustomerID as nvarchar(255), no relationships and data should be OK), I'm faced with an error (when selecting an item on the dropdown menu):

dotnet: warn: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.Server.Circuits.RemoteRenderer[100]
Unhandled exception rendering component: 'string' does not contain a definition for...

I have tried this with different data as well, where I just create two tables, one to populate the drop-down with category names as strings, the other is the data for the data grid.

How can I just simply get the dropdown to return the string value by using the radzen event editor?

// JS

Hi @kraft ,

This tutorial is for Angular, in Blazor ${event} will be directly the value of the property set as ValueProperty and you do not need to do ${event.CustomerID}.

Thanks,

Could you give an example? All I seem to be getting is errors. It is really not intuitive to figure out what is output and what input.

Not sure what else I can give as an example. Have you tried what I've already suggested?

Yes, I did and was able to fix it partially.

On the other hand, I found a perfect example and was now able to solve this with query builder:

Though, to me it seems it constructed the same exact query I was trying earlier without success. Anyhow, thanks for the advice! :slight_smile:

// JS