DataGridEditMode Multiple

Hello Radzen Team,

I see in the documentation the property DataGridEditMode which has supported values of Single and Multiple. I have successfully followed the demo and gotten inline editing working for a single row, but was wondering if there are any examples or additional documentation for the DataGridEditMode.Multiple. Basically I'd like to be able to put an entire grid into edit mode and allow each row to be edited and then saved all at once.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @emdear,

While putting multiple rows in edit mode is possible indeed saving them at once is not possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply.

In order to put multiple rows into edit mode at once should I just loop the rows and call EditRow(row) for each, or is there another way I could/should accomplish that?

Thanks!

Hi Radzen Team,

Just wanted to follow up on if there is any information or guidance on how to utilize the DataGridEditMode.Multiple property.

Currently I am utilizing the RowRender event and setting the row to edit mode there, but not sure if that is the optimal way of utilizing multiple edit mode.

protected void RowRender(RowRenderEventArgs<Account> args)
    {
        accountGrid.EditRow(args.Data);
    }

Thanks!

The EditMode property just specifies whether to clear the last item in edit mode or to keep it. The developer is still responsible for invoking the EditRow method to put rows in edit mode.

If cannot saving it at once. How to save all maybe loop save?

I used loop to save all rows and it's working. Not sure why this was not offered as a solution ..... am I missing something? Thanks

//foreach titem
gridRef.UpdateRow(titem)

//foreach titem
gridRef.UpdateRow(titem)

Could I have the whole method/code snippet by any chance? :slight_smile:

I am also looking for the same solution here. Need a way to put all rows into edit mode and allow it to save all at once. Or allow each row to be save automatically once it exit out without clicking on the save button on each row. Wondering how @bobtnt did it? If anyone have any code snippet on how its done, PLEASE POST. Thank you much.