DataGrid Keyboard Navigation

When I navigate through a grid using keyboard (up and down), RowDeselect is called, but RowSelect is not. Is this by design?

Thanks

Paul

Hi @Paul_Ruston,

Make sure you are using our branch for keyboard navigation improvements:

Hi @enchev

Excellent!

I wasn't aware to look for other branches. Whenever I've made any PR changes, I've instinctively gone for the master. I'll keep my eye out in future for items that may exist in other branches.

Thanks

Paul

The pull requests are indeed for the master however we are working in parallel on different features in a separate branches.

Hi @enchev

What would I do in this situation? (Code not tested thoroughly, yet, but will try it when I fork the keyboard-navigation branch)

Existing code for setting the scrollTop position -

table.parentNode.parentNode.scrollTop = table.rows[table.nextSelectedIndex].offsetTop - table.rows[table.nextSelectedIndex].offsetHeight;

Part of my current keyboard requirements, I was already in the middle of coding some other elements. I've got some replacement code for the above that will only start scrolling when row is at bottom/top of current view (spreadsheet like), not jumping to top with each navigation.

Do I wait while keyboard-navigation branch has been merged. Do I fork this branch and add the changes or do I fork the master branch? Although not a git newbie, I'm not familiar with the finer points.

Thanks

Paul

In my opinion you can wait for the branch to be merged - we will do our best to do this before the end of the month.

1 Like