Data change/conflict in a page warning

Hello Radzen team,

Is there a way to implement data change/conflict notification to what's currently in the UI, like Lightswitch does, when 2 users are making changes to same set of data?

Another one is if there's a way to show this message when there are unsaved data and you close the page

This was the response from Radzen team in a post related to this question -Detect dirty records - #5 by korchev

Is this still the case or has Radzen implemented any features that will help with this.

If it doesn't exist, can this be implemented in Radzen?

Are you looking for optimistic concurrency? It can be enabled during data source infer:

@enchev
Please correct me if I am wrong, optimistic concurrency just prevents the user from saving and can show error message but is there a way to provide an option for the user to resolve the conflict instead of reloading and losing the changes already made like in Lightswitch.

Indeed the optimistic concurrency will just check if data are changed, will prevent the update and will offer to get latest data.

So is there a possibility, Radzen will consider implementing this conflict resolution feature?

I’ve logged your request and we will research if we can implement such feature. I’m afraid that I cannot share any release date at the moment since we are busy with next major update of Radzen.

1 Like

Thank you. Another question I asked above is if there's a way to show this message when there are unsaved data and you close the page

This was the response from Radzen team in a post related to this question -Detect dirty records - #5 by korchev

Is this still the case or has Radzen implemented any features that will help with this.

If it doesn't exist, can this be implemented in Radzen?

The thread you linked indeed can be used to show such message however I’m not sure if this will work in all cases. You can easily close the browser without saving anything.

@enchev So can this be included in feature requests?

@DBasil we don’t plan to add such functionality to our templates. You can however customize them in the way you need. Sounds like you are trying to replicate a desktop application in the browser? Silverlight maybe? I’m afraid that both worlds are too different.
Update: I’ve just rechecked your first screenshot. It’s indeed Silverlight.