Clarity on using the Infer Schema "Generate pages for CRUD operations"

First off, let me say, "THANK YOU" for creating the Radzen components & IDE!!!

Overall, the IDE is very helpful for the development of Web Apps!

I have looked in the forums and documentation. I have not been able to find anything with clear impacts (like page changes / deletions) related the various checkboxes within the "Generate pages for CRUD operations".

Can you please help me understand the complexity of using the "Generate pages for CRUD operations"?

For my examples, I am using the following Tables (using MSSQL):
ClientID
ClientID_Import
DealsID
DealsID_Import
AspNet

Example 1 - Added new column to tables
I've created the CRUD Pages
Made the proper customizations with Radzen IDE
App is running good

Example 1 Questions

• If I add a new column to the ClientID & ClientID_Import tables, what would be the proper selections in the "Generate pages for CRUD operations"?

• Do I uncheck the boxes for:
    DealsID
    DealsID_Import
    AspNet

• If I uncheck the boxes for these Tables, will the associated CRUD Pages / Classes / Methods be removed from the Application?

• Is there any other issues I need to be aware of?

Example 2 - Add new table
Add a new table called EmailTemplates

Example 2 Question

• Do I uncheck the boxes for:
    ClientID
    ClientID_Import
    DealsID
    DealsID_Import
    AspNet

• If I uncheck the boxes for these Tables, will the associated CRUD Pages / Classes / Methods be removed from the Application?

Example 3 - Remove Primary Key
We are currently using Zapier to update the ClientID_Import table with client interactive changes from another Web Application. Based on this new information, I need to remove the Primary Key on ClientID_Imports because it will be providing duplicate records for each change.

Example 3 - Questions

• Do I need to select "Overwrite existing pages"?
  • Can I still keep the existing CRUD pages for ClientID_Import?

Thank You

Hi @crossr1,

When you modify your database table definition (add or remove a field) you can re-infer the data source in Radzen to get the latest schema. Do not check Generate CRUD pages since this will recreate the pages for this entity and you will loose any custom modifications made after the last infer. To add or remove DataGrid column or TemplateForm field in Add/Edit pages you can use the designer. Tables without primary keys cannot be modified - already created CRUD pages for such tables will not work as expected.

THANK YOU!!!

I should've thought of that. But, I have been brain-dead for a couple of days now. :grin: