Can't build after installing Radzen update

I was getting ready to deploy an app after installing the most recent update and now all of my builds fail.

I get this when trying to run the app.

radzen: Generating code ...
radzen: Code generation done in 584ms.
dotnet: C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.2.202\Sdks\Microsoft.NET.Sdk\targets\Microsoft.NET.ObsoleteReferences.targets(33,5): warning NETSDK1059: The tool 'Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Tools.DotNet' is now included in the .NET Core SDK. Information on resolving this warning is available at (https://aka.ms/dotnetclitools-in-box). [C:\Users\Josh\Documents\Radzen\AndinoApp\AndinoApp\server\project.csproj]

dotnet: C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\2.2.202\Sdks\Microsoft.NET.Sdk\targets\Microsoft.NET.ObsoleteReferences.targets(33,5): warning NETSDK1059: The tool 'Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Tools.DotNet' is now included in the .NET Core SDK. Information on resolving this warning is available at (https://aka.ms/dotnetclitools-in-box). [C:\Users\Josh\Documents\Radzen\AndinoApp\AndinoApp\server\project.csproj]

dotnet: info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.XmlKeyManager[0]
User profile is available. Using 'C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\ASP.NET\DataProtection-Keys' as key repository and Windows DPAPI to encrypt keys at rest.

dotnet: Hosting environment: Development
Content root path: C:\Users\Josh\Documents\Radzen\AndinoApp\AndinoApp\server
Now listening on: http://[::]:5000
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.

ng-cli: Cannot find module 'path-type'
Require stack:

• C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\dir-glob\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\globby\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\del\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\webpack-dev-server\lib\Server.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\build-webpack\src\webpack-dev-server\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\build-webpack\src\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\build-angular\src\dev-server\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\architect\src\architect-legacy.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\architect\src\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\models\architect-command.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\commands\build-impl.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\schematics\tools\export-ref.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\schematics\tools\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\utilities\json-schema.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\models\command-runner.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\lib\cli\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\lib\init.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\bin\ng
    ng-cli:
    Error: Cannot find module 'path-type'
    Require stack:
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\dir-glob\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\globby\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\del\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\webpack-dev-server\lib\Server.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\build-webpack\src\webpack-dev-server\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\build-webpack\src\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\build-angular\src\dev-server\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\architect\src\architect-legacy.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\architect\src\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\models\architect-command.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\commands\build-impl.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\schematics\tools\export-ref.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular-devkit\schematics\tools\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\utilities\json-schema.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\models\command-runner.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\lib\cli\index.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\lib\init.js
  • C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules@angular\cli\bin\ng
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:717:15)
    at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:622:27)
    at Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:717:26)
    at Function.Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:717:26)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:775:19)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:68:18)
    at Object. (C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\dir-glob\index.js:3:18)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:880:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:892:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:735:32)
    at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:648:12)
    at Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:717:26)
    at Function.Module._load (electron/js2c/asar.js:717:26)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:775:19)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:68:18)
    at Object. (C:\Program Files\Radzen\resources\node_modules\globby\index.js:5:17)

ng-cli: Build failed
radzen: Stopped server.

We’ve never seen such error before, most probably Radzen installation is corrupted. Please try to reinstall.

The application builds now after reinstalling and that particular error is gone but now when I run the app it opens the browser and all I get is a white screen.

Josh

Any errors in the browser console or Radzen output pane?

You can also download the latest Radzen version that worked to complete the deploy. Then deal with this issue later :slight_smile: Older releases are listed here.

No errors that I can see in the console or inside Radzen. I will try to back rev and see if it works.

I tried the version I was on and it still didn't work. Same white screen. I went ahead and moved back to current since that didn't resolve the issue.