Some progress update: https://twitter.com/radzenhq/status/1319616217775329280

5 Likes

Hi @korchev,
are there any news on this? I need it more and more urgent :slight_smile:

Thomas

We will ship it when it is ready :slight_smile:

:grin: Understand :wink:

Thomas

@thomas if you need an intermediate solution i can offer my code snippets for the syncfusion plugin.

Hi @RobertRo,
thank you for the offer! I will wait for 2...3 weeks for the radzen component. After this
I would like to come back to that.

Thank you very much!
Thomas

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
will try to find some time asap and see if i can replace synfusion (especially image handling ;).

so i made first implementation tests, and it works very well, image handling is also fine.

however when i navigate through the ui and select the next item in radzen tree, the RTE control shows only white space instead of text.

when i select a higher node (like "AD Konzept" in my screenshot) and then back into a lower level node, the text reappears. this is because in this situation i am reloading the entire component on the right side. so it seems to me the control doesn't correctly update when it's @bind-Value is changed?

<RadzenHtmlEditor @bind-Value="@Entity.reasoning" Style="height: 300px;" UploadUrl="upload/image"/>

We fixed a similar sounding issue recently and probably today will release an update of Radzen.Blazor.

UPDATE: We released https://www.nuget.org/packages/Radzen.Blazor/2.17.10 which should address the issue I mentioned. You can try it to see if you were experiencing the same.

same issue with 2.17.10 sadly.

We will need a sample application that demonstrates the problem. Or the code you are currently using - editor and tree configuration.

We examined the sample application and found that invoking StateHasChanged in this method causes the HtmlEditor to render twice:

public async Task ReloadEntity(int id)
{
    EntityIDToLoad = id;
    Entity = await dataService.GetMeasure(EntityIDToLoad);
    StateHasChanged();
}

Calling StateHasChanged may not be needed here and if you comment it out the editor will work as expected. Still we will try to handle this case anyway - rendering multiple times when the value changes.

1 Like

thank you. i have remove the call everywhere, indeed it works without. replacing the other 27 instances of RTE now....

1 Like

one more thing, is there any way to completely remove the toolbar? we have some parts where the component stays always readonly.

<RadzenHtmlEditor @bind-Value="@Bindvalue" Style="@($"height: {Height}")" Disabled="true" >
< RadzenHtmlEditorSeparator />
< /RadzenHtmlEditor>

this kinda works, but leaves a small trace.

No at the moment - probably can be done with some CSS. Alternatively you can use something like a <div> to display the HTML. It will also spare the unnecessary JS initialization of the HtmlEditor.

2 Likes

yeah, sometimes i feel really stupid facepalm
thanks for the obvious solution :wink: div it is.

When I am using authentication the image uploader (UploadController) returns 401 Unauthorized.
Is there something in the upload call (UploadUrl) from the HtmlEditor that prevents the token from attaching to the call?

@korchev just wanted to report that 2.17.11 fixed the other issue that i reported via PM. thanks.

@fnils

We are not sure what could be causing this. When I tested it with the default security provided by Radzen authentication seems to work fine - User.Identity.IsAuthenticated is true as expected.

@RobertRo,

Glad the fix worked!

I am now closing this thread. Everybody feel free to start new threads for questions related to the HtmlEditor component.