Blazor form problem

Yes, this is probably what happens. Radzen cannot determine if a stored procedure returns one or multiple elements and considers the latter. Still we would be able to tell more if you send us your project over email. This is one of the benefits a Radzen Professional subscriber gets. Just delete the server/obj and server/bin directories to keep the file size small.

Please understand - I am not reluctant to send anything except the database, and that is strictly a size consideration.

Further progress - I might have a solution except for one remaining issue. I turned the stored procedure into a table in the database and had Radzen generate an Edit CRUD page. I put that into a page that is in the navigation menu.

My problem is that I call a custom method that gets some information. The return type is void. When I invoke this as part of the Load event for the page, Radzen declares a return type for the method (GetDefaultParametersResult) - and that stops everything from working in Radzen. If I go into Visual Studio and remove the erroneous assignment and then run, everything works. Go back to Radzen and it sticks the assignment back in and everything breaks.

How do I prevent this assignment from happening?

Making tables out of these stored procs is not the best solution, but at least it gets me going for now.

Can you paste a screenshot of the Load event to see how it looks? This could be an issue in Radzen that we need to fix. A possible workaround is to add this file to the code generation ignore list until we have a fix.

Sorry for the delay - killer week already...

Here is the screen shot of the Load event:

Here is the code as it exists in the Portals.razor.cs file:
using System;
using System.Linq;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using Radzen;
using Radzen.Blazor;

namespace AllStarSalesforce.Pages
{
    public partial class PortalsComponent
    {
        private void retrieveGlobalVariables()
        {
            this.accountID = Startup.AccountID;
        }
    }
}

I now have 8 pages with this problem. Every other page thinks the return type should be a string, but this page - the image and code above - thinks it should return a char.

I have removed the code, compiled, and then put the code back in (BTW, if you change one of these files outside of Radzen, the IDE doesn't see the change and I can't get the refresh button to...well, refresh - I have to exit Radzen and restart to be able to select the new method). Every time I put the code back in, Radzen interprets the void as string or char (char being the one odd exception).

If I add the file to the code generation ignore list can I still invoke the method it contains in the Load event?

One other note: the problem is coming in the Load event in the Designer files, not in my code. I don't think I can add the Designer files to the ignore list, and I don't understand how doing that to the .CS file would help - it appears it is already being ignored.

I have more to add - I think something from the previous step in the Load event is bleeding over into this. I do the same thing on my home page with a Row Selected event and do not have this problem. If you notice in the Load event picture above the call to the method comes immediately after an assignment of a value to a string variable, and for some reason Radzen thinks that the custom method also requires a string rather than reading the method signature.

Hi @dferreira042,

We have released a new Radzen version which should address the problem with executing void methods. This should no longer generate a result variable.