Form with 2 or 3 columns

Hi radzen support,
how can i add a second column in a form. I have a form with around 50 fields and i want 25 fields on the right side and 25 on the left side (simplyfied). Searched in documentation and forum but found nothing about it.

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

At the moment this isn’t possible. Forms have a single column. We have future plans to allow free design of forms similar to pages.

A possible workaround could be to use Tabs or Steps component with the different fields.

Best regards,
Atanas

Hello,
I have just started evaulating Radzen but I have too only big forms and, if I cannot freely move fields, I have already finished the evaluation.
Are there news regarding this item?
Thanks,
Mario

Hi Mario,
We plan to add support for free form design-time. We will probably start working on it after we ship the “layouts” changes.

We can ping you when this feature is available so you can give Radzen another try.

Best regards,
Atanas

1 Like

Thanks,
I wait for news.

With Radzen, I have gotten further along than ever before in making my dream app that my office so desperately needs for tasks, notes, and various forms. Aside from the SQL database, the coding requirement is so low it has been reduced to drag-and-drop components and then only having to type ${parameters.xxx} or ${event.xxx} to manage the data I want.

I have been thoroughly impressed by the breakneck pace in which Radzen rolls out enhancements. With Layouts in beta, hopefully multiple columns will be coming soon. Because the single-column forms make my app kinda tiresome to scroll though and reduces readability, I hope this feature gets added before I put the finishing touches on and deploy my app. If my brief experience with Radzen is any indication, I’m sure it will be done light years before I am. :joy:

Thanks!
Chadrick

@mgiammarco

Multiple columns are in now. :tada:

Full Form design-time support was just released with Radzen 2.7.0:
https://www.radzen.com/blog/custom-forms/

I have just downloaded 2.7.1 community to try full form design.
I cannot auto create cruds from db because it is community.
So I have tried to manually create pages.
I run the application and now I get a blank/empty page no matter what url I use localhost:8000/....
Reading docs it seems I have made no mistakes.
Can you help me?
Thanks,
Mario

You could check the troubleshooting instructions. There is probably a JS error or some exception in Radzen's output window.

You are right.
I get this error in the javascript console:

[WDS] Disconnected! client:175
close
client:175
onclose
socket.js:17
[5]</EventTarget.prototype.dispatchEvent
sockjs.js:170
[14]</</SockJS.prototype._close/<
sockjs.js:965

Are there any errors in Radzen's Output window? The error you have pasted means that the application failed to start at all.

I get this error, but non all times:

[2018-11-20 09:17:45.914] [info] Checking license...
[2018-11-20 09:17:48.490] [info] License check result: false
[2018-11-20 09:17:48.533] [info] Checking for update
[2018-11-20 09:17:48.677] [error] Error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/opt/Radzen/resources/app-update.yml'
at /opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/electron-updater/src/AppUpdater.ts:361:27
at Generator.next ()
From previous event:
at AppImageUpdater.loadUpdateConfig (/opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/electron-updater/out/AppUpdater.js:379:11)
at Lazy.AppUpdater.configOnDisk.Lazy (/opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/electron-updater/src/AppUpdater.ts:124:43)
at Lazy.get value [as value] (/opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/lazy-val/src/main.ts:18:23)
at /opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/electron-updater/src/AppUpdater.ts:272:46
at Generator.next ()
From previous event:
at AppImageUpdater.doCheckForUpdates (/opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/electron-updater/out/AppUpdater.js:337:11)
at /opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/electron-updater/src/AppUpdater.ts:255:25
at Generator.next ()
at runCallback (timers.js:696:18)
at tryOnImmediate (timers.js:667:5)
at processImmediate (timers.js:649:5)
From previous event:
at AppImageUpdater._checkForUpdates (/opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/electron-updater/out/AppUpdater.js:291:11)
at AppImageUpdater.checkForUpdates (/opt/Radzen/resources/node_modules/electron-updater/src/AppUpdater.ts:204:35)
at t.default (/opt/Radzen/resources/app.asar/static/main.js:1:122341)
at /opt/Radzen/resources/app.asar/static/main.js:1:187812
at n (/opt/Radzen/resources/app.asar/static/main.js:1:175826)
at Generator._invoke (/opt/Radzen/resources/app.asar/static/main.js:1:176946)
at Generator.e.(anonymous function) [as next] (/opt/Radzen/resources/app.asar/static/main.js:1:176005)
at n (/opt/Radzen/resources/app.asar/static/main.js:1:182499)
at /opt/Radzen/resources/app.asar/static/main.js:1:182593

Any ideas? I would like to buy with black friday...

Hi @mgiammarco,

This is Radzen's log file. I was asking you to check the Output window - the second image from this section.

BTW from the log file it looks that you are on Linux. Please keep in mind that Radzen doesn't support autoupdates on Linux systems.